Monday, December 14, 2009

"WHY didn't it say to SLOW DOWN?"


I am huge fan of all things Christmas and as such was thrilled when Jess invited me to attend the Holiday Pops concert with her. So, I threw on the face paint (which doesn't happen often with me) and clothes that didn't smell of young child goo and off we went.


I must say that for Jessica and I the outing was somewhat non-eventful. Usually when we are together we cannot stop talking long enough to take correct exits or turns or refrain from swerving violently after being temporarily blinded by laughter. We've even been known to skid off of a loose gravel road because our gift of gab caused us to miss the "SLOW DOWN; LOOSE GRAVEL AHEAD" sign. We cannot watch movies together, we cannot schedule "Quick" visits with one another - it's just understood that we lack the ability to shut up in each other's company.


On to the actual concert; we got there unharmed and sans any major traffic violations. The concert was wonderful; complete with a drunken elderly couple sitting next to me and a garlic-breathed man singing behind Jessica. The conductor was fabulous and certainly devoted to his craft, though I'm convinced he should take stock in Excedrin as his head bobs more violently than my car when careening off of gravel roads. But I digress.

The choir did a number that was simply breathtaking and a rendition of the Twelve Days of Christmas that made me actually enjoy the song. (Come on; there's no way around it. It's just TOO long.)


All in all it was a splendid evening; and miraculously Jess and I managed to keep quiet for most of the concert.


Also, Christmas is 11 days away. Ecstasy.


I'll try to be a better blogger.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment